NYSERDA has announced a request for proposals (RFP) for $24M in municipal energy conservation measures (provided via the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) and Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant (EECBG) Program.).
Eligible small municipalities can receive up to $500,000 to fund projects to conserve energy, involving:
- energy efficiency improvements
- renewable energy improvements
- efficient transportation system implementation
- material conservation and
- energy management personnel.
Eligibility requirements are:
- Be a New York State small municipal governments that were included in the 2007 Census of Governments as a currently incorporated municipality;
- Have a governance structure that includes an elected official and a governing body; and
- Must not be listed in Appendix R as having received a direct EECBG allocation of U.S. Department of Energy formula grants.
A proposer may request up to 100% of the cost of the project. Successful proposers must agree to comply with all required federal and state requirements for use of the funds. All proposers must follow all competitive procurement laws, regulations and requirements for all work conducted using funding from this RFP. All Projects will be required to comply with Davis-Bacon prevailing wage requirements. All Projects must also comply with Buy American requirements.
Sewer districts, school districts, fire districts and other sub-components of eligible villages, towns, cities and counties are not eligible as a direct Proposer under this RFP. Projects to be completed for casinos or other gambling establishments, aquariums, zoos, golf courses, or swimming pools are not eligible for funding under this RFP.
Funding is available as follows:
- Region 1 (New York City) 0
- Region 2 (Long Island) 5,755,274
- Region 3 (Hudson Valley/Capital Region) 6,953,586
- Region 4 (North Country) 1,834,037
- Region 5 (Central New York) 3,398,031
- Region 6 (Rochester/Finger Lakes) 2,700,422
- Region 7 (Western New York) 3,358,650
Multiple eligible municipalities may partner together to propose a project that requires cooperation with other municipalities in the same region.
Deadline for proposals is February 17, 2010 at 5pm.
Need help submitting a proposal? Contact Clifford Rohde at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518.641.1005.
Filed under: New York Wind Projects |